Our focus today will be on Esthetician schools online, all you need to know about it. To get started, let us briefly take a look at what an Esthetician does.
What Does an Esthetician Do?
An esthetician is a trained skin care professional, who has received the proper licensing to perform advanced skin care services and treatments.
Their training includes:
- Facials services such as cleansing and exfoliating.
- Hair removal services such as waxing and threading.
- Massage of the face, neck or shoulders.
- Skin analysis to help determine what products should be used depending on whether someone has oily, dry or normal skin, for example.
- Recommendations regarding various cosmetic products that will help improve specific issues with your skin and create healthy looking skin. The main difference is that an esthetician typically works in a salon or spa setting while dermatologists are considered medical doctors who can diagnose and treat conditions related to the health of your skin.
They are trained in the treatment of the skin, which includes but is not limited to the face.
Estheticians are skin care professionals who work on your skin, which is the largest organ of your body. Estheticians are trained to work on your face, neck and chest, back, legs and arms (front and back), hands, feet, and stomach. If you have sensitive skin or any other skin type for that matter then an esthetician can help you get beautiful healthy skin.
Estheticians most often perform facials and also provide other treatments such as waxing, makeup application services and more. Because they are trained in a wide variety of treatments, it is best to consult with an esthetician before booking a service so they can recommend what treatment would be best for your specific needs.
Read also: Online High Schools In California
Absolutely! In fact, some estheticians only work on arms and legs! The most common areas estheticians work on include the face, neck, back, and legs.
The arms and legs are very important parts of the body, so they deserve special treatment. An esthetician with a lot of experience in this area can help you get your arms and legs into great condition.
Once you find a good esthetician, you can get treatments that will even out your skin color, improve the texture of your skin, remove unwanted hair, reduce cellulite, reduce stretch marks, or simply relax you. You should schedule appointments for these treatments at least once a month in order to keep your arms and legs looking their best.
Yes! Some people even specialize in sports massage, which includes deep tissue massage and sports injury therapy.
You should look for a massage therapist who is licensed in your state. If possible, the therapist should also be a member of professional organizations like the International Spa Association or the International Massage Association (or a similar organization in your country).
Many people choose to go to school to become a professional massage therapist. There are schools that offer training programs and certification courses. The program you choose should provide you with knowledge about anatomy and physiology, as well as hands-on training. You may also want to consider whether the program offers continuing education after graduation. This will ensure that you keep up with new developments in massage therapy and can continue learning about different types of massage and their benefits.
Many states restrict what estheticians are allowed to do, but some allow them to perform facial treatments like microdermabrasion and chemical peels. Some states also allow them to fill certain types of scars with filler
Depending on the state you live in, estheticians may be able to perform facial treatments that involve the use of chemicals. For instance, some states allow estheticians to perform microdermabrasion and chemical peels. Microdermabrasion uses a mechanical exfoliating tool to remove the outside layer of dead skin cells. Chemical peels use acids that cause the top layer of skin to peel off, revealing a fresher-looking layer of skin underneath.
Some states also allow estheticians to fill certain types of scars using dermal fillers. These are hyaluronic acid-based gels or other substances that can smooth out raised scars. They’re different from Botox and other wrinkle relaxers because they don’t contain any type of toxin.
Estheticians typically work with tools like microneedling devices when performing these procedures on clients. Microneedling tools have tiny needles on them that pierce your skin just enough to promote collagen production and make you look more youthful overall without causing pain or scarring.
Estheticians use a variety of tools to work with all different types of skin. For example, they often use electric tweezers or wax strips to remove unwanted hair. They may also use an ultrasonic device that sends out vibrations to loosen up dead skin cells on the face.
An esthetician is a skin care professional who can do everything from facials to pedicures and manicures
- An esthetician is a skin care professional who can do everything from facials to pedicures and manicures
- Estheticians can perform facials, microdermabrasion, chemical peels and more to improve the appearance of your skin
- An esthetician is also trained in waxing, tweezing, threading and chemical hair removal
- Estheticians provide professional manicures and pedicures. This includes nail cleaning, filing, polishing and massage for your hands or feet.
- With their training in color theory, makeup application techniques and different product types (liquid vs. powder), an esthetician can help you select the best colors for you. They will also help you apply your makeup correctly so that it stays on all day long.
- As the name suggests, an esthetician does more than just skincare treatments. They are trained in massage therapy so that you can enjoy a relaxing massage after a day at work or during a manicure/pedicure treatment.
Estheticians also offer body treatments such as scrubs and wraps to exfoliate your skin or firm up problem areas like thighs or stomachs.
Top Best Esthetician Schools Online
Here’s the list of the best Esthetician schools online where you can obtain high quality online certificate as an Esthetician:
American Academy of Cosmetology
- Accredited by the NACCAS (National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences), American Academy of Cosmetology is a school that offers the flexibility needed for students who are balancing work and childcare during their studies.
- This school is licensed by the State Board of Barber Examiners, which allows its students to take the state board exam upon graduation.
- The academy’s esthetics program is taught part-time or full-time. Full-time students can graduate in approximately six months with 600 hours of classroom instruction; part-time students can complete their courses in a year and a half with 1,200 total hours.
- This academy has been in business for more than 20 years, so it has become a familiar name within the cosmetology industry. As such, this allows graduates to not only receive job placement assistance but also have access to an extensive network of industry professionals they can turn to after they graduate from their programs.
The Beauty Institute
The Beauty Institute offers a nationally accredited program that teaches students the requisite skills to become a licensed esthetician. One of the school’s most attractive features is its location in the heart of downtown Chicago, which makes it easy for students to walk to classes and get around town.
The number of students enrolled in this program is impressive as well, with approximately 300 students from all over the country. This school has consistently been ranked highly within the industry by publications such as The Aesthetician Magazine, and reports on both student satisfaction and job placement are also positive.
As for course content, students can expect an array of theoretical knowledge in addition to practical hands-on practice in aesthetic treatment techniques as they work through their studies at this respected beauty institute.
Empire Beauty Schools have been in business for over 80 years. They offer an associate degree program that can be completed in as little as 10 months and a diploma program that can be completed in just six months (or 12-15 months part time).
Empire offers both online and traditional classrooms, providing flexibility to students who are already working or have other obligations. If you need financial assistance, Empire offers a range of scholarships and grants to their students. Graduating from Empire means you will be prepared with the skills necessary to pass state board exams and begin your new career as an esthetician!
The accrediting body for Empire is the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts & Sciences (NACCAS), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a national accrediting agency for postsecondary institutions offering programs in cosmetology arts and sciences, electrology, massage therapy, and aesthetics.
At Jolie Academy, faculty and staff have over 40 years of experience in the beauty industry. Courses cover esthetics such as skin analysis, preventative skin care, microdermabrasion, chemical peels and body treatments.
Jolie Academy is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts & Sciences (NACCAS). NACCAS is an independent accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education.
Jolie Academy has campus locations in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and Texas. Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
Ross Medical Education Center
Ross Medical Education Center is a fantastic option for those seeking online esthetician training. Students who attend Ross can expect to receive all of the same benefits as their in-person counterparts, including comprehensive online classes, hands-on training and job placement opportunities. And as with any of the other schools we’ve listed on this page, Ross is fully accredited, ensuring that its programs meet rigorous standards set by the U.S. Department of Education and are transferable to other institutions that accept accreditation status when applicable.
And if you’re worried about tuition costs or financial aid availability, rest assured that Ross takes care of both of these issues as well. The school offers a variety of grants and scholarships specifically for students pursuing careers in healthcare – such as the ROSS Giving Back Scholarship – and has a dedicated financial aid team equipped to assist students through every step of the process.
Black Hills Beauty College
This college has three campuses in Rapid City, SD. The cosmetology program is 1000 hours and can be completed full-time, part-time, or nights. It costs $14,500 and financial aid is available to those who qualify. Students also participate in a student clinic where they provide haircuts and other services to the public. Continuing Education courses are also offered for licensed professionals.
When looking for the best online esthetician schools it is important to consider accreditation, reputation, and experience.
The basis of any good beauty school is its accreditation. Accreditation means that the school was officially recognized and approved by a governing body with standards and procedures in place to ensure quality education and training. A well-respected beauty school’s accreditation can be a guarantee that it will give you an extensive education while offering you skilled, competent practitioners in your field.
For the best online esthetician schools, look for one accredited by the American Academy of Esthetics (AAE). The AAE is an independent, not-for-profit organization dedicated to excellence in aesthetic medicine. As a result of their 2012 designation as an AAO Accredited Institution of Higher Learning by the Higher Learning Commission, The Esthetics Academy has distinguished itself as a leader in aesthetic medicine education within a diverse landscape of institutions around the world.
The AAE has designated several leading institutions for its list of Accredited Institutions for each specialty area:
Academy for Aesthetic Medicine
Academy for Facial Design & Surgery
Academy for Manicuristry & Pedicure Studies
Academy for Personal Care Cosmetology & Barbering Education
The numerous benefits that have been conferred upon students from these schools make them top choices when looking for beauty schools online.