Our focus today will be on MTSU Online Degrees. If you are looking for where to get an online education, you can add MTSU to your list. Before we provide you with the list of the school’s online degrees let us briefly consider an overview of the university.
Middle Tennessee State University
MTSU is a public university located in Murfreesboro, Tennessee and is one of the largest universities in the state. As of fall 2014, total enrollment was 23,409 students, making MTSU one of the largest schools in Tennessee. The university has over 80 majors, 35 departments and more than 400 faculty members.
Founded in 1911 as a normal school, the university consists of eight undergraduate colleges as well as a college of graduate studies, together offering more than 80 majors/degree programs through more than 35 departments.
Founded in 1911 as a normal school, Middle Tennessee State University has grown into the largest university in the state. With two campuses (Murfreesboro and Nashville), it offers more than 80 majors/degree programs through more than 35 departments to its 30,000 students. The university is organized into eight undergraduate colleges:
- College of Arts and Humanities;
- College of Communication and Information;
- College of Education;
- College of Fine Arts;
- Honors College;
- Graduate School; and
- Tickle College of Engineering & Technology
In Fall 2017, there were 23,061 students enrolled at MTSU making it the largest undergraduate university in the state of Tennessee
In Fall 2017, there were 23,061 students enrolled at MTSU making it the largest undergraduate university in the state of Tennessee. MTSU is a public university located in Murfreesboro, Tennessee which is located about 30 miles southeast of Nashville. The school was founded in 1911 as a teacher training school and became a four-year college in 1922.
Today, Middle Tennessee State University has over 200 majors and minors and offers more than 100 graduate programs across eight colleges: College of Arts and Communication; College of Business; College of Education; College of Engineering; Honors College; Human Services Health Sciences Institute (HSHI); Rockwell Collins School for Accountancy & Management Information Systems (ACAMS); and Veterinary Medicine.
Read also: SUU Online Degrees: All You Need To Know
The academic schools and colleges on campus include basic and applied sciences, business, education, humanities, media and entertainment, and behavioral and health sciences
Basic and applied sciences
media and entertainment
behavioral and health sciences.
Middle Tennessee State University has partnered with Belmont University (in Nashville), Tennessee State University and Vanderbilt University to develop degree programs for working adults in the Greater Nashville area
Middle Tennessee State University has partnered with Belmont University (in Nashville), Tennessee State University and Vanderbilt University to develop degree programs for working adults in the Greater Nashville area. The program is called the Nashville Area Consortium of Colleges and Universities (NAC).
MTSU is a large school with many opportunities to learn
MTSU is a large school with many opportunities to learn. There are academic programs in the College of Education, College of Nursing, College of Business and Leadership, and more. Student life opportunities include an Honors Program and student organizations such as Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority and Beta Theta Pi fraternity.
The largest building on campus is the George R. Smith Clinical Health Center which offers:
- The region’s only level-one trauma center
- Emergency room services for adults and children 24 hours per day, 7 days a week
- Specialty outpatient clinics including primary care clinics; nephrology; cardiology; heart failure management program; gastroenterology clinic; behavioral medicine clinic; diabetes education program; pain management clinic
Additionally there are numerous recreational facilities available at MTSU including:
- Campus Recreation Center with an indoor track & field facility that accommodates both track & field activities as well as other uses such as martial arts classes held there daily (5 p.m.-8 p.,m.)
- Outdoor Track & Field Complex (Track) Completely renovated in 2013! Features 8 lanes plus a mix zone area where sprinters can warm up before competition begins right next door at Memorial Stadium! Also features lights so we can practice/compete at night or early morning hours too 🙂 Great investment for our athletes!
Master of Arts in Teaching
M.A.T. is a terminal degree, meaning it’s the highest level of education you can achieve with this major. It’s also a post-master’s degree and is considered a professional degree because you’ll teach at the college level after earning it.
A Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) is an academic program that prepares individuals to teach at the college level as well as prepare them for administrative positions within educational systems and organizations such as school districts or state departments of education
Master of Science in Education
M.S. in Education
M.S. in Curriculum and Instruction
M.S. in Educational Leadership
M.S. in School Psychology
M.S. in Special Education
M.S. in Teaching and Learning
- The Master of Arts in Criminal Justice is an online degree program designed for students who want to become police officers, corrections officers, private investigators or forensic scientists.
- If you are interested in this degree program and would like more information, please contact Dr. Patricia W. Coleman at Patricia.Coleman@mtsu.edu or 615-898-5226.
Master of Arts in Conflict Resolution
The MTSU online Master of Arts in Conflict Resolution degree is designed to prepare students for careers in the field, including those in law enforcement, government, corporate security and foreign policy. Students will learn how to apply professional principles and theories related to conflict resolution in order to promote effective communication between parties.
MTSU’s program offers a unique blend of theory and practical application that are not found at most other institutions. Students will study such topics as neutral fact finding techniques; negotiation strategies for mediating disputes; international relations theory; gender roles within organizations; cultural differences within organizations; mediation ethics; mediation research methods; group process design; group decision making models and strategic planning processes.
The Master of Arts in History at MTSU is an online program designed for students who have a bachelor’s degree in history. It is a 36-credit hour program and requires a thesis, final exam, and capstone project. Students are admitted into one of four cohorts which meet on campus once per semester for two days over 16 months as part of the cohort model. Courses require students to complete two assignments per week with deadlines set for every Friday at noon EST.
MTSU offers over 5 online degrees
MTSU offers over five online degrees. They are:
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing Communications and Public Relations (formerly called Communication and Public Relations)
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration – Management concentration, General Management concentration or Marketing concentration
The MTSU Online program offers a wide variety of courses for each degree, including accounting and finance.