Canada Tourist Visa
Many people wants to travel to Canada, on daily basis up to thousands of people from different parts of the world are applying for Canadian visa in other to travel to the country either for visiting sake or for immigration.
Canada is among the top most visited countries in the world because of its beautiful and colorful nature. it is quite developed and accommodating to all visitors provided you’re legally allowed into the country.
In this article, we are committed to highlighting the step by step procedures to follow in other to apply for the Canadian tourist visa.
Note: The Canada visa application system does not simply categorize any forms of visa application system called tourist visa, rather it falls under the visiting visa application, hence every applicants wishing to obtain a visa to Canada must apply for the Canada visiting visa provided they’re not coming into the country for residency.
How do I apply for Canadian Tourists Visa
In this case, to apply for a visitors visa to Canada (tourist visa precisely), you’re expected to follow some due process ranging from having the required documents and meeting up with their requirements. they’re several documents you’re to present while trying to apply for a visitor visa to Canada.
below are the documents needed.
• An invitation letter or form from your family or friends if you’re visiting them in Canada
• You will also show your proof of relationship of your said family if you’re visiting them in Canada
• You must also provide a proof for sufficient financial stability of your sponsor maybe your family or friends. you’re to present their bank statements or other financial statements approved by the officials of the visa issuing center.
• You must show the resident Status of your family or Friends you’re visiting (they must be either a citizen or permanent residents in Canada)
• You must proof that you have enough funds to take care of yourself upon your arrival in Canada (if you’re traveling on your own), you’re to proof this using your bank statements or any other approved method.
• You’re to make an explanation of what you’re doing to do in Canada using your travel itinerary if you have already booked a flight ticket.
• A letter of declaration written to the government of Canada by you indicating why you should be given a Tourist visa to visit the country.
• A written court documents or a letter of affirmation from your local police indicating that you do not have a past criminal records.
• A recent photograph of yourself
• Your educational and employment status are required as well as a letter from your employer stating that you will be back in few time
• Proof that your stay in Canada is temporary and that you will return to your home country once your visitor visa has expired. to proof that, you can use your property
• A proof that you’re not embarking a journey of working in Canada using the tourist visa
Although some nationals of specific countries may only need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), or are completely exempted from applying for visa before traveling to Canada, such nationals can enter freely with their passports.
Applying for Canadian Visa
When applying for the visa you’re required to pass through the following steps
Step 1: Eligibility Confirmation
Before starting your application determine whether you’re eligible for the visa application or not, you can read through the documents and requirements provided above to be sure you’re qualified, aside that you’re expected to figure out if you need visa or not before traveling to Canada.
Step 2: Proceed your application
You can logging in to the visa application website and then create your account, following that you can fill for the generated forms and unload all the necessary documents to be uploaded.
Step 3: Make your application payments
After you’re done entering the visa application form, you’ll be automatically redirected to the payment page where you’re to pay your visa application fees.
The Canadian tourist visa application fee for a single person is $100 (CAD). aside that you may be required to undergo a biometric with an extra fee of about CAD$85 depending on your nationality.
Additionally, you’re to pay a fee of about CAD$45 for passport processing.
Step 3: Submitting your Application
After you’re done filling for all the necessary information and have made your payments you can submit your visa application and wait for processing pending approval.
Step 4: Attending Interview
During your visa application processing you’re expected to make an appointment with the officials of the visa application center and schedule for an interview.
during the interview, you will answer series of questions from the officials and you must be able to convince them to get you approved. you’re also expected to bring many documentary records such as court statements showing you’re not a criminal, your financial status and others. your biometrics will also be during the course of the interview.
Facts to Note:
• Depending on your choice of application method, you can make your tourist visa application online, at any nearby visa application center or the Canada embassy in your country.
• The Canada tourist visa processing time is about 8 to 40 days depending on your nationality
• The Canada tourist visa is only valid for up to Six months, you’re to travel back to your country if the specified time is reached ( in some cases you may not be permitted to even stay up to the said six months) all depending on how convinced they are that you will return back to your home country after you’re allowed into Canada
• As a holder of the Canadian tourist visa, you’re not permitted to study or work in country. you’re equally not allowed to apply for any governmental benefits.
• You can bring a dependent with you while applying for a Canadian tourist visa. either your spouse or children is welcomed. but each of the dependents must apply separately and pay their application fees separately
• You can apply for the Canadian visa extension called visitor record if you intend to stay more than 6 months in Canada with your tourist visa.
• You’re expected to apply for a visa extension for Canada tourist visa at least 30 days prior to your visa expiring date.